Dental Fillings Available At Bishopbriggs
Dental Fillings At Bishopbriggs Dental Care in Glasgow
Fillings are a great effective way to repair teeth that have been damaged, either due to injury or decay.
Tooth decay can occur when acid is produced from plaque, which builds up on your teeth which can lead to further problems, such as dental caries, gum disease or dental abscesses. At Bishopsbriggs Dental Care we adopt a preventative approach to ensure that dental decay is avoided where possible.
Composite (white) fillings are made from natural tooth coloured resins that are more aesthetically pleasing and can be matched to the same colour as natural teeth.
Composite fillings can be used for the following procedures
- Fillings can be used on teeth which have decay. Your dentist would start by removing this decay for you. The cavity created would need to filled, and can be filled by a variety of dental filling materials.
- You may wish to replace your old metallic fillings – also known as amalgam fillings, mercury fillings or silver fillings. The composite filling would have a better cosmetic appeal
- If you have a tooth that is not the correct shape, a composite filling can be bonded onto to the tooth to give the tooth the new desired shape.
- If you have a chipped or broken filling, you may use the composite filling to repair the tooth thus restoring it to its original shade for cosmetics and function.
- If you have gaps in your teeth, a composite filling can be used to close the gap
- Composite filling material can also be moulded into the shape of a veneer by your dentist. This would be a quicker and cheaper option instead of having porcelain veneers in a smile makeover, even though porcelain veneers are considered to be the better option as they are stronger, will last longer, and as they are made in the laboratory, they will have a better finish
Making An Appointment is easy
CALL 0141 762 3954